Ronald R. Fieve, MD
Dr. Fieve is an internationally renowned Clinical Psychopharmacologist whose expert opinion is sought world-wide by both patients and colleagues in the areas of Bipolar I and Bipolar ll disorders, Clinical Depression, Anxiety and Attention Deficit Disorders (ADHD/ADD).
He also specializes in the use of mood stabilizers to treat these disorders and the avoidance of weight gain that occurs in approximately 1096 of patients being treated with medications that include lithium carbonate, Cymbalta, Prozac, Effexor, Lexapro, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Depakote, Lamictal, Risperadone, Carbamazepine, Tri-leptal and others recently marketed.
Dr. Fieve and his research team at Fieve Clinical Services, located several floors above the private offices, also specialize in clinical trials of new drugs under development by major pharmaceutical companies. Over the years, they have researched many new drugs and have published close to 300 scientific papers in the field of Bipolar Illness and Depression.
Dr. Fieve and his research team have contributed to many scientific books and prestigious professional publications including The Lancet, Nature, American Journal of Psychiatry, Archives of General Psychiatry, Journal of the American Medical Association, Journal of Psychiatric Research, Clinical Chemistry, British Journal of Psychiatry, Psychopharmacologia, International Journal of Psychiatry, New York State Journal of Medicine, and Advances in Neuro-Psychopharmacology and Diseases of the Nervous System. Dr. Fieve has also written two best selling books on bipolar disorder, Moodswing and Bipolar II/Bipolar Breakthrough . His other book, Prozac: Questions and Answers for Patients, Family and Physicians, explains the nature of and treatments for clinical depression.
- Fellow, Collegium Internationale Neuro-Psychopharmacologicum
- Member, American Psychiatric Association Task Force on Lithium
- Fellow, American College of Neuropsychopharmacology
- Member, Psychiatric Research Society
- Fellow, American Psychopathological Association
- Member, Association for Research in Nervous and Mental Diseases
- Life Fellow, American Psychiatric Association
- University of Wisconsin, M.S. Engineering
- Harvard Medical School, M.D. in Medicine
- Bellevue Hospital, Cornell University Medical Division, Intern, Medicine|Cardiology
- New York Hospital, Cornell University, Resident in Internal Medicine
- New York State Psychiatric Institute, Resident in Psychiatry
- Fellow, Columbia University, Community Psychiatric Research and Psychophysiology of Alzheimer’s and other Dementias
- Columbia University Psychoanalytic Clinic for Training and Research, Diplomat in Psychoanalytic Medicine
- President, Founder and Trustee of the Foundation for Mood Disorders, New York City