Jane Simon, M.D.
Jane Simon, M.D. is a graduate of Barnard College and Temple Medical School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She completed a residency in Pathology at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital and trained in forensic pathology at the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner. After becoming certified by the Board of Anatomic Pathology and the Board of Forensic Pathology, she completed a four-year residency in psychiatry, including two years of adult psychiatry and two years in child and adolescent psychiatry at the Roosevelt Hospital, of Columbia University, and received Board certification in Psychiatry and Neurology. She graduated from the American Institute for Psychoanalysis in 1984 and became a member of the American Academy of Psychoanalysis (re-named The American Academy of Psychoanalysis and Dynamic Psychotherapy-www.aapdp.org). Trained in psychodynamic psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy, she has treated many patients in over 30 years of practice.
Education and Medical Training
- Barnard College
- Temple Medical School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Columbia Presbyterian Hospital, Residency in Pathology
- Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, Forensic Pathology Training
- Roosevelt Hospital, Residency in Psychiatry
- Columbia University, Board certification in Psychiatry and Neurology